Friday, August 24, 2012

Pre-Taal


This day last week...

I can't believe it's been a week since. The memories are still vivid...the pain of losing Migo's cam, the laughters, bloopers and blessings...Maybe not blogging is what makes it still vivid. My minute capacity memory has been threatening out of space so...

An early flight of CebuPac brought me, Migo and JJ to Manila where some of our companions waited at NAIA. But before the worry-free flight, we were faced with an almost habitual annoyance..LATE! When we arrived, the checking counter was closed. But we were able to overcome the obstacle and rendezvous with the others at the planned time and location.

Going out of NAIA, we were faced with the dilemma on how to reached Pasay Bus Station. And that's because I halfheartedly read the link Migo gave me 2 days before the trip. I'm still having 2nd thoughts then. With nowhere to go, I directed the group to look for the bus stop sign. When I saw the bus, my mind was fixed. I'm quite sure the last stop was the Pasay Bus Station. I just don't know if it was the same station where we'll find a ride to Tagaytay.

I was agitated along the way. Desperately looking for signs that my decision was right. Habitually blaming myself why I choose not to print maps and all the kresia stuffs. You see on this trip, I vowed to be a little spontaneous. I've always been clipped and controlled when traveling. This time, I just had the final itinerary. No maps and all. I wanted to develop the ability to decide things right there and then.

My heart hammered when the bus stop. Is this it? Is this really the place? And hooray! The driver confirmed my doubts. I silently congratulate myself saying "See! I know you can do it." We had breakfast then took the bus to Tagaytay. The ride was quite long. It took more than 2 hours. When the conductor collected our fare, I asked him to drop us at Olivarez Plaza in Tagaytay. He nodded as he handed me the tickets.

I slept along the way but is mindful that I have to wake every now and then to make sure that we haven't strayed away from Tagaytay. I can't trust our fate to the conductor entirely. On my nth waking moment, I lookout the window and asked Migo where we are. He said, we just reached Tagaytay. My heart starts hammering again. Oh my! I have to make sure we got off at the right spot. 

There was a vendor. I didn't mind him at first. But at the top of my head, I wanted to ask him where we are, thinking the conductor might have forgotten what I told him. When I did, he said we might have missed our stop. I panicked. Ordered the group to hurriedly took of the bus. When everyone was settled, I let out a sigh of relief. Ah! I was right. I should not completely trust anyone. 

Picking a tricycle to Aroma Apartelle was hard. The dispatchers and tour people were annoying so I hurriedly pick the next tricycles in sight. On the ride, I was praying that the drivers would not impose too much fare. Someone told me never to ask fares when traveling because tendency is people will take advantage of your ignorance. But what choice do I have? 

I was relieved when the fare was just PHP 10. Silently thanking God that He had lead us to a nice person. While waiting for the others to settle their fare, our driver proposed if we'd like a Taal tour, boating and trekking. My mind wanted to say "No" immediately. I've been researching Taal tours and what I found was discouraging. The prices were expensive. But JJ was especially open to idea so the negotiation continues. Kuya Anthony, which we learned later, offered that the estimated budget is PHP1K per person. I was all in with the 1K. But I can't decide for the group so I mentally list the issue in my head. After keeping Kuya Anthony's card, we then went inside Aroma Apartelle where Charina, Ricco and Lawrence waited.

The Receiving Area

Our room!

CR inside the room!

The Sala!

The Dining
The Pool
Aroma Apartelle, Migo's find, was nice. It's a 3-story building with a pool. We took a dorm room good for 12 person at PHP4500 because I thought we were 12. We wanted to transfer to a smaller room good for 10, unfortunately they won't let us. It's OK though we need the extra beds for our bags.

After settling, I then open the issue about the Taal tour. They asked about our itinerary for the day. When I read it to them, they comment that it's just all about eating. A consensus was reached. We will go to Taal and dropped the entire itinerary for the day. I then text Kuya Anthony about our decision and closed the deal. Yeahoo! 

Taal! Taal! Taal!

And so off we went to Taal...

No comments:

Post a Comment