Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baguio in the Rain (Day 1)

The 6-hours travel from Manila wears everyone out so after settling down, everyone decided to sleep. It was just around 7 AM. I negotiated the driver to pick us at 11:00 AM for our brunch. We were so tired the breakfast was forgotten. 

But sleep was elusive to me. It's as if I've just awakened-in-a-normal-bed and sleeping again would give me headaches. I never had a problem with sleeping on the bus so maybe while everyone is stressing themselves, I was in dreamland. 

With nothing to do, I decided to peep outside and hope to think of something. The wisp of cold air and foggy scenery greeted me. And ah....sleep is the only option. Then I saw the open door of the CR. Right! Who says sleep is the only option?! I'm also thinking how burdensome it is to wait turns on the bath.

The hot water was heavenly. But I didn't want to miss the feeling of cold water in Baguio so I tried to bath in the pail water (super duper cold). It was pure suffering. I trembled and thought maybe it's OK to miss it. After the hot water bath, sleep caught me. 

I woke up of noisiness. Everyone was getting ready by then. Excited on our first day. =)

We were starving when we got here. Kuya Ernie, our driver suggested this place. 
 Gutom pa ug mga nawng!

After the much-appreciated meal, the tour started! 

Day 1 
(1) Botanical Garden 
(2) Mine's View 
(3) SM City Baguio 
(4) Session Road 

(1) Botanical Garden

It started to drizzle when we reached botanical garden. When we went out of the van, it rained hard but that didn't stop us from exploring the place. Some of us bought umbrellas and bonnets to fend the colds. And of course...photo shoot is still on! I love how umbrellas blend together. Many thanks to Ricco for risking his DSLR on our capriciousness. Ahahaha! Couldn't blame him...the sights were too lovely to pass. And...it was on those moments that I miss our cam more. :(








Not my favorite angle but I ♥ the shirt..and of course, the one I'm with! ♥♥♥

(2) Mines View

The rain didn't stop but we have no choice but to move on. Next Kuya Ernie brought us to Mines View. The stores in the area entertained us while waiting for the rain to stop. We lingered a little here and had our pockets emptied. :P When the rain was bearable, we still went on with our photo shoots. :D

The Shop
Lovely things are sold here. Picture takings are allowed but you have to donate.

Family Picture

Uhurm!

Family picture AGAIN!

And another!

Love this!

Because we're BEAUTIFUL!
The actual MINES VIEW

And I actually thought the stores is the Mines View. Migo had to correct me. He's been to Baguio with friends last 2007(back when we were strangers)...the only non-first timer among the group.

Because it's foggy, we didn't get to see the actual view. Maybe, it's something to be back in Baguio for. Haha!

Single! Double!  Single! Double!  Single! Double!



After the photo shoot, we were starving. Lucky that a 7 Eleven were in the vicinity. We went there to eat and drank hot stuffs to ease the coldness. When everyone was full, we decided to go.

St. Joseph Church

It was Sunday so I asked Kuya Ernie if we could stop by a church to attend mass. He said it was late already so we might not be able to reach the last mass. But I insisted. He took us to St. Joseph Church, there I alight candles to ask for a good weather the next day. 

(3) SM City Baguio

We were wet. And as much as we would like to continue our stroll, the coldness changed most of our dispositions. From gay to grumpy...so we asked Kuya Ernie if he could drop us at the apartment to change before SM.

Dinner!!!
 SM Baguio got me in awe. The design was very different. It's super cold even without air-cons. 

The group separated for a while to roam the place. Migo, Mira and I went together. We ended at Quantum. And remember our "Happy to Gather" craze sometime last year? There were 4 of those machines. Migo and I busied ourselves getting our names on the top score. Ahahaha! And yes..we partially did! :)

(4) Session Road

After the dinner, we went to session road (will have a separate blog about this soon). At around 9 PM, we decided that it's time to go. We stopped by at 7 Eleven to buy our breakfast for the next day. Then off we hired a taxi back to the apartment.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment